World’s favorite secure messenger and keeps your data out of the hands of hackers, corporations and governments.
it can be used completely anonymously, allows to make end-to-end encrypted voice calls, and offers every feature one would expect from a state-of-the-art instant messenger. With Threema Web, you can also use Threema from your Desktop.
PRIVACY AND ANONYMITY
it is designed to generate as little data on servers as possible – this is a core part of our concept. Group memberships and contact lists are managed on your device only, and never stored on our servers. Messages are immediately deleted after they have been delivered. Local files are stored encrypted on your mobile phone or tablet. All this effectively prevents the collection and misuse of your personal information, including meta data. Threema is fully compliant with the European privacy legislation (GDPR).
HIGHEST ENCRYPTION STRENGTH
end-to-end encrypts all your communication, including messages, voice calls, group chats, files and even status messages. Only the intended recipient, and nobody else, can read your messages. Threema uses the trusted open source NaCl cryptography library for encryption. The encryption keys are generated and safely stored on user’s’ devices to prevent backdoor access or copies.
it is not only an encrypted and private messenger but also versatile and feature-rich.
- • write text and send voice messages
- • make voice calls
- • share videos, pictures and locations
- • send any type of file (pdf, animated gif, mp3, doc, zip, etc.)
- • use Threema Web to chat from your Desktop
- • create groups
- • conduct polls with the unique poll feature
- • choose between a dark and a light theme
- • quickly and silently reply with the unique agree/disagree feature
- • verify the identity of a contact by scanning their personal QR code
- • use Threema as anonymous instant messaging tool
- • synchronize your contacts (optional)
Each Threema user receives a random Threema ID for identification. A phone number or email address is not required to use Threema. This unique feature allows you to use Threema completely anonymously – no need to give up private information or to open an account.
- Date separators in chats
- Various subtle design tweaks
- Support for Threema Web 2.0
- New cropping UI
- Chat pinning
- Bug fixes
- Fixed crash with chats containing GIFs on some Android 4 devices
Requires : Android 4.1 and up