he first thing I noticed is that Arrow replaced the stock icons for system apps like Phone and Messages, which isn’t in and of itself a bad thing but an unexpected behavior.
The main screen is divided into three sections. There is a row on top for recent apps, a larger area in the middle for frequently used apps, and the bottom row for user-selected quick access apps. One trick up Arrow’s sleeve is that you can swipe up from that bottom row, revealing more apps, folders, and recent contacts. It chooses all of these for you to begin with so that the space isn’t empty.
There is one page to the left and one to the right, each which serve specialized functions. You can’t add or remove pages at this point. Swipe right and you get a running to-do list, which is very simplistic but does offer the ability to add scheduled reminders. Let’s hope Wunderlist integration is forthcoming.
To the left is a set of shortcuts to recent and frequent contacts, in case the swipe-up shortcut wasn’t useful enough for you. Last but not least, the app drawer is similar to the Android M Google Now Launcher and many others with that style.
- FEATURE: Widgets are here! Many of you told us that you can’t live without widgets, and we listened. Simply swipe to the left and you will find the brand new Widgets page.
- FEATURE: Improved first-run experience. We made our Frequent apps algorithm faster, smarter and more accurate. As a first-time user, you can now tell Arrow which apps should not be showing up in your Frequent apps view.
- FEATURE: Custom Icon Pack. You can now set your own custom icon pack in Arrow. Simply go to the Settings and turn off “Use Arrow’s icon pack.” You will then be able to use your own icon packs.
- BUG FIX: reduced crashes by 25%. Stability has improved and we appreciate your patience.
- BUG FIX: fixed an issue that prevents custom wallpapers from being set.
- 6) BUG FIX: improved performance issues with swiping between pages – it’s faster and smoother.
- UI/UX improvements: Missed calls showed as missed calls on the People Page, and more!
Requires :Android 4.0 and up
APK 3 MB
Mirror:APK 3 MB