Designed from the start to be a fully procedural co-op game, Windward can be played by yourself, but it truly comes alive when playing with friends. Start by generating a procedural world that will be unique to you, design your own custom faction then sail forward fighting pirates, trading with towns, doing quests or simply exploring — it’s up to you how you want to play.
As you sail about you will find resources you can make use of, upgrades for your ship, new towns that will ask your assistance, and as you get farther out from the starting area — various pirates that will attempt to take what’s rightfully yours. Combat experience will let you unlock new talents and abilities to make that particular line of work easier.
As you take up consignments with towns and fulfill their production shortages, the towns will grow, offering more quests, more resources and better items. As the towns continue to grow they will offer you a choice to upgrade your ship itself. Would you prefer a fast Schooner to explore the world, or a heavy Galleon that’s able to take up 5 consignments at once? Or perhaps a massive Ship of the Line to take the fight with the pirates to their heartlands?
As you explore the world and get farther away from your starting area, the game will become progressively more difficult — but so will the rewards. Throughout all of this you can expect the pirates to put up a fair fight, as the AI is bound by the same rules as the player: they have sight, and must explore the map before they can know what’s there.
Speaking of AI, build a fearsome reputation and the AI will respect you, even fear you — avoiding you if at all possible. Some friendly AI will even choose to follow you and assist you in your own adventures.
And so, on the topic of adventures — ready to have yours?
What’s in this version :
- Mods that don’t add any code no longer cause items to get marked as requiring that mod. Note that this only affects single player games. If playing multiplayer, it will behave like it did before and all mods that alter game’s configuration will be marking items as requiring them.
- Land-based units can now place structures on land away from bodies of water.
- Fix for the tank’s turret not being controllable when taking control of AI.
- The Tank and Spaceship can now both be found on Steam Workshop.
- Updated Modder’s Tools with the latest model exporter capable of exporting Asset Bundles (what I used to export both tank and spaceship). Also added the Tank to it in case modders want to know exactly how it was made. Asset Bundles are able to include custom shaders, physics materials, particle effects and other Unity stuff. Only code can’t be included. To export any model as an Asset Bundle, make a prefab with it (drag it from the scene into the Project view), select the newly created prefab, choose the menu options Assets -> DataNode -> Export Selected -> as AssetBundle.
Requires :Android 5.0 and up
APK 45 MB
Mirror:APK 45 MB