netwars – The Butterfly Attack
By order of the EU, they conduct a secret cross-border cyber war exercise. But what starts out as a simulation suddenly becomes deadly serious. The story is anything but science fiction. The scenario is alarmingly real. The digital war affects every one of us, and it’s happening right now.
CONTENT NETWARS – THERE IS NOTHING VIRTUAL ABOUT THIS REALITY
Modern wars are no longer conducted by tanks and airplanes only. The battlefield of today is virtual. A small tweak of a critical software may crash an airplane, blow up a power plant, or bring a whole country to a standstill.
WHY BUILD WEAPONS WHEN ANYTHING CAN BE TURNED INTO A WEAPON?
Max Parsons is head of a team called Sixth Column. For the European Defense Agency, they have written a software called Chimera – a safety program to defend against an attack by cyber terrorists. In a simulation, one part of the team is to sabotage the water, energy and traffic systems of Norway. The others are supposed to repel the attack.
WAR IS NOT A GAME. IT’S REAL FUN.
But the virtual game soon turns into a real cyber war. The Sixth Column has been infiltrated by a group called Black Flag. Does criminal hacker Nightshade have a hand in this? And what are the intentions of the shadowy figure in the background who calls himself the Salesman?
ARE YOU READY TO PLAY?
“The Butterfly Attack” is released in three episodes in the App Store in English, (Mandarin) Chinese, Spanish, (Brazilian) Portuguese, and German, starting in May 2014.
netwars | out of ctrl
- Makes it concrete: Battlegrounds – virtual and hidden – but real.
- Is based on actual facts, told in different formats, and explains not only what could happen but also what is already happening even today.
- The fact-based perspective of this crossmedia project marks a world first: With TV DOCUMENTARY, INTERACTIVE WEB DOC, INTERACTIVE GRAPHIC NOVEL APP, E-BOOK, AUDIO BOOK and TV SERIES.
Get a look behind the scenes of the actual cyberwar front!
- Numerous animations, sound effects and interactive elements
- Revolutionary 3D parallax effect with motion sensor
- Intuitive controls
- Language options: English, Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, and German
Other apps from Bastei Entertainment:
- Laura’s Star
- Laura’s Secret
- Laura’s Christmas Star
- Laura’s Journey to the Stars
What’s new in this version :
- We continuously work on improving our apps for you. This update includes:
- Minor Bugfixes
- improved performance
- If you experience any technical difficulties, we would be happy to assist you. Please send an email to our support team at email@example.com so that we can promptly address your concerns. We are always happy to receive general feedback and suggestions for improvements to the app! Your team at Bastei Entertainment
Requires Android:2.0.1 and up